Sunday, May 18, 2008

What a weekend!!!

Ok so what was I thinking??? Brad left on Thursday to go hunting. My inital plans were to have a relaxing weekend with the kids. The weather was way to nice not to do anything productive. So being the person I am and always biting off more than I can chew!!! I decided to order our mulch for the flower beds. Not just a little mulch a driveway of mulch. Did my mom drop me on my head as an infant? How could I possibly get all of this done before Brad's return?
I tell you I have the sweetest sister in bil alive. Jen called shortly after I placed the order and had really thought about what I did. She must of sensed how overwhelmed I was because before I knew it she pulled up in the truck and John shortly came down the road on his riding lawn mower and trailer. He may be a little redneck but I love him anyway because he came to the rescue and by Friday at 8:00pm all of that mulch was out of the driveway and placed in the flower beds! They were my saviors!!! If it hadn't been for them I would still be out there hauling wheelbarrows. I owe them big time. After they left I realized that I hadn't fed Zach yet and so we ran to Subway at 9:00pm and then ran clothes over to Alli for a sleepover at Brea's. Zach and I ended up staying there until midnight. Paula and Denver (Brea's parents) had their driveway poured that night and them and the crew were having a few beers in the garage and chatting it up. All and all it ended up being a great day. Definetly productive!!! Surrounded by good family and friends.
On Saturday Zach and I slept in. When we got up we waited for Alli to come home and headed to Madison for my veggie plants and a Target run. We planted the rest of our planters and our garden when we got home. I ended the day finishing up the memory books for preschool and watching P.S. I Love You. Which is an awesome movie. A must see.
So that pretty much recaps our Friday and Saturday! Brad is due home today and I can't wait. This means that I get my bed back and can get some sleep. Sleeping in the middle of the kids leaves for some restless sleeping;)


So on Friday Zach and I went on an all day field trip with his class. We went to Olbrich Gardens and The Aldo Leopold Center. The weather was beautiful and the sights were pretty spectacular:)











The boys checking things out at the Thai gardens.






The flowering crabs at Olbrich were in full bloom and looked amazing!








We had lunch at a wonderful park in Monona. Zach, best bud Shane and Courtney:)






Looks like someone else was having fun:) Gracie showing off her antlers.






Ohhhh! Something is very very stinky! Zach loved checking out the animal mounts:)





Zach and Will looking for pond life at Aldo Leopold.









No comments: