Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Beginnings, my word for 2009

Little Miss Brace Face!
Grandma and Grandpa's bed filled with all of their grandkids on Christmas!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Steinhoff gave someone a cell phone for Christmas. Yikes!!!




She got her funky junky socks!!


Lego man!



Happy New Year!!! A little late but that's ok it's been busy around here.
So I did a lot of soul searching in the last few months of 2008 to define the changes that I wanted to make for 2009. 2008 brought a lot of heartache for me personally but also an incredible amount of personal growth. So it leaves me to believe that there is a reason for everything. My mother in law Linda is great for making me see the glass half full. So like I said although it was a difficult year it was one of growth. I've made many goals for the next year and am very hopeful that they will materialize.


It's only the 8th of January and I can already say that this year has been filled with excitement and buzzing. But good excitement! Brad has been extremely busy at work and we are so grateful for that. With the struggling economy right now we are forever grateful that he's working. Add that with being busy, life is good there. I will admit that we really miss him around here but let's face it we can't have our cake and eat it too. No complaining coming from us;-)


We had a wonderful Christmas here. Unfortunetly for us(I think) one of our kiddos realized this season that Santa was not so believable. Alli was questioning the subject prior to Christmas but I told her that "you don't believe, you don't receive:-0 That really stopped her in her tracks and she was all about convincing us of her belief. Well fast forward to Christmas Eve and the kids were eager to get to bed after the Junck Christmas. Awhile after they were tucked sound in bed Brad and I double and triple checked they were asleep. Well we got everything set and put ourselves to bed at about 11pm. At 1130pm Miss Alli came in our room to let us know that Santa had come. Long story short her suspicion of Santa got the best of her and she's a REALLY good faker at sleeping. BUSTED!!! Oh well she's ten and in 4th grade. So at 1130pm Christmas Eve we were up opening presents. Oiy!!!


Zach man had the best day and Christmas yet, or at least I think. He absolutely loved everything and has been nothing but busy since then. I love that kid;-)


The new year also brought trips to the orthodontist in our family. Alli has officially started braces and it feels like I'm a mom to a tweenager. This is a lot for a mommy to take in seeing braces on her firstborn...plus seeing my firstborn carrying her new pink cellphone that grandma gave her for Christmas.

More to come soon;-)

No comments: