Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update on my heavy heart

Ok as many of you may know that I've recently been overcome with worry about my dad's health. Well my new attitude is that I have to look at the glass 1/2 full instead of 1/2 empty. Although the news we received about dad isn't the best news or news that we wanted to hear for that matter. The reality of it is that there isn't much we can do. I love my mom and dad and it really makes you stop and realize that you can't take life for granted. The greatest part of it is that all of the heart meds that dad's on are making him feel better and for the first time in I don't know how long dad is feeling pretty good. We're getting our old dad back!!! Dad's sense of humor has returned and he's looking better each day. (He's actually kind of turned into a funny smart a$$) It's so nice to see color return to his face and most of all his big smile return.

Life is unpredictable and none of us can predict the paths that the lord has laid for us. But I'm thankful that my family has been given this chance to reconnect and enjoy the times we have together.

Now on a funny note. One of dad's recent goals was to get himself some new teeth:) Yep you heard that right...new teeth. See dad has invested ALOT of money in his teeth and continues to have endless problems with them. At his recent dr visit he asked the doc if he could get his teeth. The dr. said that he could tell this was something that dad really wanted and couldn't deny him of this. So dad and mom went to the consult with the dentist and mom decided that she'd jump on the band wagon and get herself a new set also. The only stipulation was that dad wanted his first. It was his idea afterall. So today was the big day. Dad took some time off of work and stayed home this morning with anticipation for his appt at 1:00. For those that know dad they know that it takes a lot for him to take off work. And guess what!!! The dentist was sick or something and called and cancelled. So that means that mom gets her teeth pulled on Monday and dad now goes on Tuesday. Jen will be driving mom and on Monday and maybe dad on Tuesday. So if anyone has any good pudding recipes or soup recipes I could use them:) It looks like mom and dad are going on the soft diet for awhile.

2 comments:

The Wilsons said...

You'll have to post a picture of their brand new smiles!!! Very exciting!! Kathy Sue has a great chicken noodle soup recipe give her a call!

The Wilsons said...

Can you send me an email? I can't find your addy anywhere. I'm working on our women's basketball bulletin board and I'm looking for some boxing background scrapbooking paper. Any ideas on where I could find some? Our theme is..."It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" and they're getting their pic taken at a boxing ring. I got some boxing glove die cuts, but was looking to see if you had any ideas for more stuff. Thanks sweetie!